Thursday, October 30, 2008

Well, October is almost over, and the holiday season is fast approaching...just check out Costco, where most of the aisles are covered with giant Santa's, ten feet worth wrapping paper (per roll), and every toy that my kids see on T.V. & usually scream "I WANT THAT!" :)
I say every year that I will start my shopping early, and this year is no different, other than I already have! Good feeling.
I recently was able to go on a scrapbooking trip that happens twice a year...and completed two albums! One was a super simple candid summer photos album...but hey, it's done! I always have so much fun, this year was no different. Good people, good adult conversation, good food... and time away always makes you appreciate what is waiting at home. My mom and Troy stayed with the kids, and they deserve a vacation for allowing me to get away for 4 days!
The other happening we have in progress is potty training! The twins are showing every sign of wanting to be "big girls"...they take off their diapers every chance they can, yelling "potty, potty!".
Olivia went once for my mom, and is a little more interested than Soph, but Sophie follows along side her sis. Not ususally is she the one who follows, but with this- she is letting LuLu (our nick-name for Olivia) take the lead! It is a daily stuggle to allow them to sit whenever they say they need to, but yet still stick to our schedule. It will be worth it in the end, and hopefully we can be buying them undies for their 2nd birthday in mid-January!
Troy left for Colorado this morning at 5am, for his hunting trip with his grandpa Reco & Dennis, (as well as another friend of theirs) so Annabelle did her little fashion show of possible Halloween costumes, for him! She is loving the costume side as much as the idea of all the candy! Photos of the rest of the kids in costume will be on my next post! My birthday is Wed. the 5th of November...for which two of my sisters and I are going to San Diego to see a Madonna concert! Isabel, Chiara & my birthdays are all with in a couple of weeks of eachother, so it's the 1st annual sisters birthday trip...pics to follow as well! Hope everyone is having fun getting ready for their own holiday season :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Chloe,
You covered alot of ground in this update!
Ok....can't beleive were talking Christmas already! My shopping usually starts aroung the 23 of Dec...except for the Grandkids of course! Ha! Easier for me than for you I am sure!
Wow...Go Troy Go....sounds like a great Hunt they have gone for. I remember Reco, but haven't seen him in years. I am glad he is still able to go hunting with Troy. Please say Hi to Troy, Reco and Dennis for me. DEFINITELY tell Troy that Uncle Mike wants a complete BLOG HUNTING REPORT w/PICTURES!

Chloe, Get out of here!!! You are to old (opps..I am going to get busted for this) to be going to see Madonna!!! Speaking of old...isn't Madonna like...60 now? Is this for real? Madonna @60....well, I guess it is your Birthday...so, Congratulations, Happy Birthday, and enjoy Madonna! Hey, come to think of it...Uncle Mike will be 60 this year! Dang, maybe I should go see Madonna...what do you think?

Another enjoyable update and info. Thank you Chloe, for helping all us Family out-of towners to stay involved with your lives. I am most appreciative.

Just one last note....Scrapbooking is WAY cool. My Daughter does a littel Creative Memories, and Zachs Mom is way involved!!!!! VERY, VERY, Cool and most awesome Hobby I can think of for a Great Mom with a Great Family!

Much Love,
Uncle Mike